Welcome to Fourth Grade
Conference/Specials: 9:35-10:25 AM
Lunch: 12:10-12:40 PM
Recess: 12:40-1:10 PM
Tips for Parents of 4th Graders
(Listed below are age appropriate tips from the 4th grade team to support study skills at home)
- Instill responsibility in your child by encouraging him/her to approach his/her teacher with concerns prior to parent interaction.
- Check his/her agenda daily.
- Find time to read with your child daily. Model oral and independent reading.
- Involve your child in family problem solving. Ex: let your student plan the shortest route to an errand.
- Find ways to apply school work/themes to everyday activities.
- Use the Internet TOGETHER to research topics or solve problems.
- Have homework materials available at home for your child. For example: pencils, paper, scissors, glue, etc....